Salient Features of Charis High Academy Curriculum
The Curriculum prescribed by CBSE strives to:
1. provide ample scope for physical, intellectual and social development of students;
2. enlist general and specific teaching and assessment objectives;
3. uphold Constitutional values such as Socialism, Secularism, Democracy, Republican Character, Justice, Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, Human Dignity of Individual and the Unity and integrity of the Nation by encouraging values-based learning activities;
4. nurture Life-Skills by prescribing curricular and co-curricular activities to help improve self-esteem, empathy towards others and different cultures etc.;
5. integrate innovations in pedagogy, knowledge and application, such as human sciences with technological innovations to keep pace with the global trends in various disciplines;
6. promote inclusive education by providing equal opportunities to all students;
7. equally emphasize Co-scholastic areas of Art Education and Health and Physical Education.
Scheme of Studies at Secondary Level
|SOCIAL SCIENCE||SCHOLASTIC AREA|
|OTHER ACADEMIC ELECTIVE||SCHOLASTIC AREA|
|SKILL SUBJECT||SCHOLASTIC AREA|
|HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION,|
WORK EXPERIENCE, ART EDUCATION
Structure Of Assessment
- 2 Formative Assessment (Cycle Test) – Classes 1 to 8
- 2 Term Exams – Classes 1 to 8
- 4 Term Exams (Pre, Mid, Post, Final/Board) – Class 9 & 10
Continuous Learning Plan (April to September 2020)
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organisation set up in 1961 by the Government of India to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on policies and programmes for qualitative improvement in school education. The major objectives of NCERT and its constituent units are to: undertake, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education; prepare and publish model textbooks, supplementary material, newsletters, journals and develops educational kits, multimedia digital materials, etc.
2. LEAD SCHOOL
Students need confidence to succeed in life, and we firmly believe a school has a crucial role to play here. Our meticulously planned school system builds 5 key skills in our students – Conceptual Understanding, Thinking Skills, Collaboration Skills, Communication Skills and Exposure.
Click here for more information about lead school